Background

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

July Scraptastic Kit - Killed :-)

I've been sneaking in scrapbooking time.  I went for so long without getting much done; but it's summer and the kids are playing well together - so I've had some free time.  One of the benefits of having a kit is that it's easily portable.  I can take it to any work space to be near the kids and have everything I need.

I'm SO impressed that I made 8 traditional 12x12 layouts and 4 pocket style pages from the main July Scraptastic kit.  I did have some extra embellishments that I had purchased from the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine collection before I saw the Scraptastic kit reveal.  I also ended up adding 2-3 extra sheets of patterned paper because I had so many embellishments to work with.  I still have 1 wood veneer, 1 die-cut, 1 overlay, 2 brads and a handful of ephemera still left.  My goal was to finish off those brads and I still have 2 left!!  I could probably do one more layout with the supplies I have if I add some cardstock.

This month's kit was FULL of goodies!  Even though this kit was so bold, I actually found it quite easy to work with.  Here are the layouts:

The white splatters are with Mister Huey's Opaque White.  My son wrote the journaling :-)  Everything else is from the kit.

The washi tape is from Doodlebug and the yellow alphas are from Studio Calico.

The woodgrain stars are Studio Calico and the alphas are Jillibean Soup; everything else is from the kit.

The blue base patterned paper and green alphas are from Jillibean Soup and I believe the washi tape is from Bella Blvd.

The white woodgrain pattern is from Elle's Studio and everything else is from the kit.

For this next layout I used a patterned paper by American Crafts as the base.  The blue striped photo mat was from last year's Simple Stories summer collection. Those were the only items not in the kit aside from the embossing powder.  I used the Scraptastic stamp set to add the green embossed ice cream cones.

This next one will be the title page for our Shuswap holiday section.  It was a scraplift from Irit Landgraf; I recently discovered her You Tube channel and am enjoying her process videos. They always make me smile :-) The four pocket pages that follow contain a bunch of photos from the same holiday.  






This is what is left of my July Scraptastic kit....I noticed the August kit was shipped today so I can't wait to dig into that one!


Hope you have a fabulous day and thanks for dropping by.

Cheers,
Davida

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with this kit. Amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! So cool that you popped by for a look :-D

      Delete