Background

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Paperclipping Romantic Scrapbooking Course LO4

Happy Tuesday!

I'm so excited because today I had the opportunity to chat with Noell and Izzy Hyman of Paperclipping.com.  I was a guest today on their podcast Paperclipping Rountable where we discussed scrapbooking about our significant other!! If you click on the link, the show will be posted later today.  I listen to their podcast ALL the time, and it was so much fun to be a part of it - thank you Noell and Izzy!  Here's a selfie I snapped just before the recording started...


I was truly inspired by the videos and prompts in the Romantic Scrapbooking course.  I've been digging for old photos, asking Mark questions, jogging my own memory and having fun spending time documenting our relationship.  I'm not completing the layouts chronologically; mostly the order is based on when I found the photos.  As I find more, I will keep making pages and posting here and linking to the segments of the course they relate to.  If you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at the Romantic Scrapbooking course.  It has provided me with tons of inspiration to tell our story which I think our children and grandchildren will enjoy one day.

My layout today is a bit about first impressions.  Mark and I lived in the same neighborhood (a block away from each other), he was one of our paper boys and we attended the same elementary school, but he was two years older than me.  Our paths crossed in various ways, but we never actually met each other until my first shift at McDonalds!!  Yes - he trained me on fries...not the most romantic story...but funny nonetheless.  Also significant as my life changed forever after meeting him, so I better tell the story :-)  My layout was inspired by sketch 267 at Creative Scrappers and  Noell Hyman and Beth Quiroz.


Looking at the layout now, I realised I forgot to add some speech bubbles!  Hmmm...I might still add as they were kinda cute.  I'm now off to find speech bubbles and more photos.  As discussed on the show today; if I can't find a good photo or any photo, I'll scrapbook a page without a photo to make sure I tell the story - that would be a first for me.  We'll see what happens....stay tuned!

Thanks for dropping by,
Davida

10 comments:

  1. Nice gamer headphones! LOL

    It was so awesome to chat with you & Jen (and Noell & Izzy as well) today! And I love your layout - especially the McDonald's pic. I don't have any of me in my uniform, which is too bad. But I did have that awesome one of my hubby in his! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - loving the red headphones...too bad I only have an excuse to wear them once :-) It was SO much fun today - what a treat! Considering how long we worked at McDonalds, I'm surprised I can't find more photos or even Mark in his uniform...there must be one somewhere!

      Delete
  2. I like the LO - it is a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! And yay potty people! I love the gamer headphones too :) It was great talking to you guys yesterday. Can't wait to see your photo less page. (It's not too scary, I promise)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah....bring on the potty people :-) Yes, more LOs to come for sure. Hope to see more from you and Beth as well!!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the Paperclipping podcast and definitely loved to hear about everyone's scrapping experience. I find it difficult to journal all the details, but loving Noell's ideas in the course. Just have to actually take action / hah! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the podcast!
    linda (tortagialla.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I checked out your blog and LOVE your designs and scrapbook style. Drooling over the fact that you live in Tuscany. My husband and I have wanted to travel there for years - huge item on our bucket list - we have often talked about living there too :-)

      Delete
  5. That was the most fun podcast ever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi!! Glad you enjoyed listening :-) We were all a bit nervous at the start - but we had so much fun!

      Delete