Background

Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Mother's Day Weekend Scrapbooking

Hello!

I had an amazing Mother's Day weekend - it started on Friday when two of our long-time friends showed up at the door on Friday evening.  Our husbands had been planning a surprise for us and planned a weekend together where they did all the cooking and took the kids out of the house so that we could scrapbook all weekend.  They also occasionally delivered Starbucks and wine!  Yes, I'm a lucky girl :-)

I finished a couple more layouts for the Paperclipping Romantic Scrapbook Course and even scrapbooked a photo that was emailed to us while the kids were at the park on the weekend.


For the first layout I used an older Cocoa Daisy kit.  The patterned paper is October Afternoon and the chevron overlay is by Allison Kreft for Webster├Ęs Pages (Sweet Notes), the Tickers are American Crafts (Baby Girl), the smaller text stickers are October Afternoon (Chalk and Slate Mini Market) and the journalling tag is by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper.

The layout is telling a bit about how our paths crossed before we met.  Long before we worked together, our paths had crossed many times including swim club family picnics.  We had found old photos in family albums where Mark's mom had taken a picture of Mark's sister in a potato sac race and I just happen to be in the photo participating in the same race.   I didn't have a copy of that photo but the one above is from my family photos and my mom had taken this picture of me and Mark's sister just happens to be sitting on the grass with a friend. 


Last week I picked up bunch of the new Teresa Collins collection - Something Wonderful.  I love that my LSS Clipperstreet carries the entire collection.  They carry all of the Teresa Collins goodies!  I believe the Thickers are by Dear Lizzy and the enamel dots are a mix of Freckled Fawn and My Minds Eye.  This LO is based on a sketch from the Creative Scrappers Birthday Bash sketches.

I forgot to add the journalling before I took the photo, but this is another favourite place layout.  We don't live in the same city as this restaurant anymore, but when we visit family, we always go for dinner.  Last summer we went for our anniversary - which explains why we took a photo of our wedding rings for a different sort of selfie :-)


This LO is also based on a sketch from the Creative Scrappers Birthday Bash.  The tags, sequins, stars and cameras are from Studio Calico (Oh I love their newish Colour Theory line!) and the patterned paper was selected by my friend (can't recall the name but it's the newest summer collection by Echo Park).  She used the exact combo of papers and I loved it so much, she gave me all the same strips.  This sketch is great for times when you love both the A & B sides and/or want to really stretch your patterned paper.  She still had tons left even after doing this layout twice.


This LO was based on a sketch from Creative Scrappers : Creating with Sketches book 1st Edition (page 7).  I purchased both editions as E-Books and then printed and bound them at Staples. This picture of my daughter was taken by my friend's husband while they were out on adventures with the kids all weekend. He texted the photo to us and it was sooo cute, I just had to print it and scrapbook it right away :-)  This LO uses patterned paper and embellishments mostly from Pink Paislee's Switchboard collection.  The heart paper is from My Minds Eye - Now & Then.  The sequins are from Studio Calico.


This LO is a total scraplift from Nancy Damiano.  I believe it was posted on the Scraptastic Kit Club blog and it uses a lot of October Afternoon's Daily Flash collection and Elle's Studio.  I'm really loving this new grid  approach that is popular right now.




This LO is based on Creative Scrappers latest Sketch # 268.  It was released on Mother's Day and I was just wrapping up and thought this would be quick and simple.  To be honest I'm not happy with the splatters; I was hoping for a more random, spread out splatter, but it just wasn't working for me.  I'm not one to fix or start over, so I just moved onward :-)

I love scrapbooking older photos of my kids - these photos are from when my son was seven months old which was nine years ago!

That's all for now.  I never finish as many LOs as I think I will, but it was still a productive weekend and lots of great visiting with a good friend. If you want to check out her blog, it's Scraps by Jen.

I'm still working on LOs for the Paperclipping Romantic Scrapbooking Course and will continue to post those.

Thanks for dropping by!
Davida

No comments:

Post a Comment