Background

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Paperclipping Romantic Scrapbooking Course

Hello,

I've been busy scrapbooking about me and my highschool sweetheart today.  I was inspired to get some stories and thoughts on paper after signing up for the Romantic Scrapbooking Course over at Paperclipping.com.   I regularly listen to the Paperclipping Roundtable when I'm scrapbooking by myself - makes me feel like I'm at a crop and they're always a fun bunch to listen to.

There's a series of challenges throughout the course.  My take on the first challenge was based on relationship strengths. My layout includes a pocket with ten relationship tips.  It is based on a sketch by Creative Scrappers.  Mark and I have been married for 18 years and have been together for almost 23 years.   Still, it felt kind of funny writing them because I don't feel like an expert, but Noel's comment in the video about writing them to my kids worked for me.


My tips (in no particular order) are:
1.  Nurture your friendship.  Make sure you're getting updates and continue to get to know each other.
2.  Appreciate each other.  Be grateful; don't take your partner for granted.  Remember to give compliments.
3.  Compromise.  Practice not being stubborn on issues you don't feel extremely invested in.
4.  Don't take yourself too seriously- remember to laugh.
5.  Always make time for date nights.  They're like oxygen for a marriage.
6.  Go on adventures together; experience new things together.  It strengthens your bond (not to mention fun!)
7.  It's the little things that make a difference.  Back massages, bringing a cup of tea (or wine!), little notes - all show that you love & appreciate each other.
8.  Memory keep.  Make a photo book of all the fun times you've had together (without the kids).  It's a wonderful reminder.
9.  Don't forget manners.  Sometimes we get so comfortable that we let this slide from time to time.
10.  Remember you're a team.  Have common goals and protect the refuge that you provide for each other.

Now I'm off to work on the next challenge....stay tuned.

Davida

1 comment:

  1. davida, this is my fave layout! i'd say as long as you've been married, you're doing something right. we're at 20 yrs, i think you're giving good advice on this post too. you were great on the roundtable too,.:)

    ReplyDelete