Background

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Close to My Heart Skylark Team Blog Hop


Hello & thanks for stopping by today.  Welcome to the Skylark Team Blog Hop!!  I'm SO happy the Skylark collection was chosen as it is one of my favourites in the Spring/Summer 2014 Catalogue.  I also wanted to say thank you to Pam Klassen for organizing this blog hop.  They're always a fun way to explore new blogs and it inspired me to get back to posting after a crazy few months.

I used the Skylark Paper Packet, Skylark Complements, Resin Flowers (teal), Twist Ties (slate), Shimmer Trim (teal), Dots (aqua) and Zipper Lace (lagoon).  I used other Close to My Heart items from my stash such as coordinating inks and hemp twine which I believe is no longer available to order (glad I stocked up!).  Everything coordinated so nicely.

I also love blog hops for the chance to win prizes!!  If you would like a chance to win a little prize, sign up to follow my blog by midnight on Sunday April 20th and you will be entered to win: the "You are My Happy" Stamp Set (Alphas, Icons & Sentiments), My Creations All-Sorts Mini Album, Glue Pen and an assortment of embellishments including ribbon, buttons and resin flowers.


My layouts came together quickly and I was on a mission to see how many layouts I could get out of one paper packet.  I'm at three layouts so far but have enough for 1-2 more.  I'm hoping to complete and post later this week because I'm on a roll :-)

For my first layout I used only the Skylark collection and some items from my stash (wood veneer, cork cameras, mists and vellum heart paper).  This layout was inspired by a recent layout by Mercy Tiara .





My second layout is quite simple and after looking at the photo for posting, I decided to add stitching.  The stitching added a little more interest to the layout.  My goal was to have straight lines but I need to practice - I'm not that good with the sewing machine :-)  Everything in this layout is from Close to My Heart.




I'm quite pleased with my third layout.  I believe it's the first time I've ever taken the photos, went straight to my printer and printed them and then sat at my desk and scrapped them while my daughter continued to nap - whoa!  I'm not sure that will ever happen again...but the stars aligned for me today.  All of the product is Close to My Heart except for the tags, the flair and the green numbers.






I am hoping to get some more scrapbooking in this week to finish off the paper packet - I'm so close!   

For more inspiration, keep hopping over to Famida's blog to check out the gorgeous layout she created with Skylark.  

Thanks again for hopping by :-)
Davida


11 comments:

  1. Wow Davida! Love them all...fantastic job and way to go with scrapping and printing photos of something all at the same time! I'm sure I've never been able to do that before!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It will likely never happen again ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love this style and have trouble myself with 'grouping' things - you've inspired me to try it again! LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks! I find grouping/layering goes so fast with the CTMH collections because everything coordinates so nicely and so many embellishments to choose from.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up to follow your blog. I think you went to my high school! My husband, Cory, always liked you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Laura. Not too many Davida's out there!! Yes that's me and I remember Cory - one of the Miworth boys :-) Small world! Please say Hi for me :-)

      Delete
  5. I will tell him you said "hello!" So have you been a CTMH consultant for a while? I just signed up. Just received my kit today. Can't wait until the kids go to bed so I can take it all out and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been a consultant for about a year. Congrats on signing up - great time to try it out :-). Love CTMH products!

      Delete