Background

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Day 3,4 & 5 of Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday

I'm out of town staying with friends on Vancouver Island and was able to get some scrapbook time in (Jen loves to scrap just as much as me).   Just enough to scrap day 3, 4 & 5 of LSNED.

I had one photo developed and then my printer quit on me.  So I used my Instax Mini 8 to take the rest of my photos.  It doesn't have the same image quality, but it's so much fun and easy to use and I love the little credit card size Polaroid look.

I used bits and pieces from Studio Calico Project Life kits and Studio Calico cork arrows, my Dear Lizzy Project Life kit from Michael's, Elle's Studio monthly kit, wood veneer and ombre enamel dots from Freckled Fawn, American Crafts Dear Lizzy brads, Basic Grey stars, Fancy pants cork stars and Doodlebug Designs pink twine.





My lessons were:

Lesson 3:  Don't be afraid to try something new; it's worth the effort and you just might have fun too!  The picture is a snapshot of my blog overview showing where people have been viewing my blog from.  There's Canada, United States, Sweden, Russia, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia, South Korea, and Malaysia. This new adventure in blogging is turning out to be a lot of fun.

Lesson 4: If you have to be somewhere on time and have 3 kids in tow- add 10 minutes to the schedule.  I didn't plan as well as I should have and we were late for the first full day of school.  Lots of little delays getting out the door that just an extra 10 minutes would have fixed.

Lesson 5: It's always a good idea to eat cupcakes and scrapbook with a friend.  We could have done a lot of things but we decided to indulge and enjoy mini cupcakes and coffee while scrapbooking  - which we do not often get to do together.

Nothing too deep, but little thoughts I pulled from each day.  I'll be home tomorrow, so I should be able to post my next three days right away.

Thanks again for dropping by and have a beautiful day!

Davida

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love Lesson 5 the best :) Back atcha and maybe one day we can be close enough to do coffee and a cupcake so much more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could be better than scrapbooking and eating cupcakes with a good friend...?? If only that beautiful ferry ride was not SO expensive...

      Delete