Background

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Day 1 & 2 of Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day

So far LSNED is going really well.  I'm sticking to the supplies I pulled and the lessons that I am reflecting on each day are coming easily - ha!  I've been able to sneak in some creative time during my 3 year old's afternoon nap and I actually  have two versions of my first two lessons.

I've been checking out vintage typewriters on eBay and am hoping to get one for Christmas ;-) (...yes I subscribed my husband to this blog...).  I always use my own printing but I do love the typewriter look when I see it on layouts.  So I tried using a typewriter font on my computer and printed it on to cardstock.

After putting it all together, it just wasn't working for me.  Too busy, didn't look right, it's not the perfect typewriter font and I took it off.  So here is my first attempt with adding a typewriter look to document the lessons:


Here is a look at the revised version using journal tags from a Studio Calico Project Life kit.  I think I like this better, seems less busy to me.  Also a little trick I learnt from Amy Tangerine is to use a Fiskars Fingertip Detail Knife to trace the bottom half of the heart (granola bar photo) so that I could slide the photo underneath.  I didn't want to cover up the heart and now it looks like an embellishment.


Sorry about the quality of the photos; I'm taking them at night in my office and tried to make them as clear as possible.  So next I have my photos and lessons ready for Day 3 & 4.  Looking forward to sharing those with you.  

I rarely go back and make changes to layouts once their done, but I just couldn't walk away from this one today.  How about you?  Do you ever go back and make changes?

Thanks again for dropping by and have a fabulous day :-)

Davida

6 comments:

  1. Love your page! I'm with you I want an old typewriter too! I think they are so cool. I rarely go back and make changes to layouts but once in a while I feel they need an extra touch or a little more journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! There were tons of typewriters on eBay..almost too many to choose from :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice job. Love how you put the hotlinks in for easier navigation. Last year, I was looking at typewriters and all of a sudden I have two. One is an electric and one is a gorgeous turquoise manual that my dad had. He actually used to type me letters on it while I was away at school. It is a two finger process because the keys are hard to hit, but I love it to death! I just changed a page last week that I hated, but don't do it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the turquoise typewriters - I've seen a few on Ebay! So cool to have a typewriter with special meaning...that's precious :-) Sounds like a layout topic! Have you had any trouble getting ribbons for it?

      Delete
  3. Great job! Love how you are adding in little tips and tricks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)Thanks! Gotta have the hotlinks to enable...

      Delete