Background

Friday, 30 August 2013

A New Blog & A Scrap Room Tour

Well hello!

I am excited to be starting a blog about my adventures in scrapbooking.  Why start a blog?  Well, I love to see the layouts that other people create as they give me SO much inspiration.  I browse a lot of blogs looking for inspiration and it looks like a great way to connect with people.   I also enjoy sharing my layouts - it's fun to share ideas, inspire and share the stories on my pages.

I belong to a few kit clubs, love to attend crops & retreats, participate in classes (both on-line and in-person) and I have to admit - some days I'm not sure which I love more - scrapbooking or SHOPPING for scrapbooking supplies.

I'm a busy work at home mom of three to Alex (8 yrs old), Ava (5 yrs old) and Maia (3 yrs old).  After a crazy day, there's nothing more therapeutic than sitting down to document life and reflect on all my blessings through scrapbooking.   I love being creative, I love documenting the big moments AND everyday moments and I love sharing this hobby with my friends and family and anyone else who shares my passion.

So to kick this off, I'm going to share some pictures of my scrap space and offer a giveaway (I know it's mostly friends who will be reading this...so why not do something fun to celebrate?!).

 If you comment on my very first post, you will be entered to WIN a Becky Higgins Project Life Mini Kit : Seasons Edition.  Project Life is one of my very favourite scrapbook items and it enables anyone to document life without investing a lot of time or money.  My kids love using the mini kits for their albums and I use them to add-on to my regular Project Life kits or my traditional layouts.

Leave a comment by Friday, September 6th for a chance to win:

Now for some pictures of my scrap space.  I only acquired this office 2 years ago.  Prior to that my supplies lived in a closet in the basement and when I wanted to scrap, I had to take everything upstairs to my dining room table where if often sat for a week.  This space is a dream come true for sure!!  I've been scrapbooking for 17 years and have accumulated quite the stash :-)

My work space - made sure I had room for friends:





Love Heidi Swapp's Colour Shine and have left space for new colours!


I think I'm going to upgrade to a 5x5 Expedit from Ikea.  I need the space!  What fun things could I put in that tiered basket?  Think I might paint it too!


Embellishments...


 Recently purchased items that I want to keep separate from my stash.

 Do you want to see inside my drawers too?  Here's my adhesive drawer...if you want to see more let me know and I'll post more pictures.

Thank you for dropping by & welcome!!

Davida


26 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love the layout (the static border and colours), your style of writing (so natural and really reflects who you are), and topic. You are so passionate about everything you do, I'm sure this blog is going to become a regular for so many scrapbookers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you! You're such a good friend you :-)

      Delete
  2. Just want to see if the comments doo-dad is working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Davida! This looks wonderful. I can't wait to see what you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice your blog on the left - LOL!! Every time you post it puts you on top of the list :-)

      Delete
  4. I love this! You are such an amazing person and so passionate in your writing. Truly an inspiration to any current/new scrapbooker. The pictures of your office look like they were taken right out of a magazine...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heidi!! See what happens when you don't take me to the movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow congratulations Davida! I love your first post and feel so inspired and motivated to keep at it with memory keeping for my family stories! The passion and joy you have in this great craft shines through your words! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more:) oh and obviously I love ur scrap space!! Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind compliments Mel :-) Glad you liked the first post: i'm looking forward to posting layouts - I have created a new reason to be productive!!

      Delete
    2. Just popped over from LSNED. Your blog is wonderful and it's hard to believe it is brand new! Good job!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your kind compliments Cathy - I had fun setting up the blog. It's my first time so I'm pleased with how it's turned out. Looking forward to getting busy and putting some LSNED content up. Cheers!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow - you are a very organized person.......we can never hang out together......
    But seriously - LOVE your scrap space!!!
    I look forward to the LO's - I am always impressed with your creativeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!! Trust me; not always this organised and the rest of my house is usually a disaster - my kids follow me as I tidy and are always making messes!! Thanks for checking out my blog :-)

      Delete
  8. What a beautyfull Room!
    I LOVE all the free space!
    Mine is...well...stuffed with Stuff up to the Ceiling -.-

    I can't wait to see your LSNED-Stuff and what yo're gonna show here :)

    Regards, Lilith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilith :-) My stuff used to be crammed in a closet from floor to ceiling. Makes it easier to see your stash ;-) Thank you for visiting my blog :-) Cheers!

      Delete
  9. Love your space Davida and love the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin :-) Thanks also for visiting my blog :D My goal is to post new content today or tomorrow...

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is me...Gwynn...one day I will figure this out! Love the blog!

      Delete
  11. Very awesome!!! You may have inspired me to take up scrapping again - things have changed the last 15 years!!what talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MOM!!! I would love it if you scrapped with me :-) I have lots of photos of the grandkids - LOL!!

      Delete
  12. Hi Davida - I've joined Shimelle's LSNED class for the first time this year and thought I'd pop across and view your blog - have added you to my favourites list now. What a lovely fresh looking blog and I think your craft room looks fab - so organised.
    It's great to get tips from other class members especially those who have done it before - think I need to 'organise myself with supplies' before I start so thanks for that bit of advice. Look forward to following what you get up to...
    Frosch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed replying to this earlier. Thank you for your kind compliments!! Still working on my LSNED! Have all the lessons and pics; just need to get them into pockets :-) Have to catch up on posting too! How is yours going?

      Delete
  13. That's great - welcome to LSNED - I love that's it's free for alumni after your first year :-) Thanks so much for your kind compliments (am having fun with this new blog...) - happy I could offer a little tip that helps ;-) My heap of supplies ended up being bigger than I had hoped, but it does help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK! So this workspace is AWESOME! So organized...inspiring me to tidy and sort through all my stuff so that it can look this fantastic Davida! I might need to pack a bag and come hang-out in your room :) I am so glad to see someone with as much stuff as me and also someone with the same passion to organize! So glad you are joining the wonderful-world-of-blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Trust me - it gets SO messy! I love scrapping with others so anytime :-) So happy I found you and your team - looks like fun!!

      Delete